You are not logged in.
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
We will follow strict Covid 19 protocols for this event. Want to get out, socialize responsibly, learn about the city and enjoy the iconic holiday decorations in NYC? Join NYSN founder Dave Cervini for a stroll through midtown as he shows you things you may have never known about the history of the area from 34th street to Rockefeller Center. Along the way you will see amazing photo’s of NYC then and now plus The Macy’s Windows, Bryant Park Christmas Tree, 6th Avenue Lights, Radio City and the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree. If you don’t say “oh wow!” at least once during the tour we will give your money back!
How it works.
- Space is limited to 16 participants and you will need to wear a mask when in close proximity of others.
- We will meet in front of the Old Navy Store at 150 west 34th street at 7pm sharp.
- The tour will last about 2 hours.
- At the end of the tour we can find some outdoor space to sit and socialize more.
What we will cover:
- History of the original Penn Station in all its majesty.
- Macy’s, Herald Square, Empire State Building and surrounding area. Macy’s Windows
- Broadway: 34th to Times Square
- Bryant Park and the old reservoir & graveyard. Bryant Park Tree and holiday shops
- Avenue of the Americas and elevated trains. Corporate decorations
- Radio City, Rock Center and St Pat’s. Rock Center Christmas Tree and Saks 5th Avenue Windows
Cost: $25 General Members / $15 NYSN Lifetime VIP members. Refunds will be given only if the tour is canceled due to weather, a jump in Covid infections or scheduled protests.
Covid 19 Protocols:
- Please do not come if you have been exposed. You may cancel up to one week for a refund. Within one week you will be given a credit to use for selected events.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- Event limited to 10 people so there is space for everyone to be safe.
- Face masks must be worn while within close proximity..
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? If this is a free event, no. For paid events: Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the door. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher. If you registered and paid a confirmation email will be sent to you when you registered and on the day of the event.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content