You are not logged in.
9:45 am - 5:50 pm
The Ridge to River Trail is a new path in New Paltz, NY that connects The Wallkill River to the Shawangunk (“The Gunks”) Mountain Ridge. It is a mostly paved and gravel carriage road that meanders through rolling hills, beautiful farmland and the woods on the edge of the ridge. If you are looking for an easy hike/walk that will get you some fresh air and out of the city with other fun people, this is the event for you!
We will follow Covid guidelines for this event.
How it works:
- When you register we will send you all the details you need to know on how to meet the group.
- You may take 9:45am Metro North train to Poughkeepsie or drive to meet the group at the train station.
- Your guide will pick you up and drive you to all the activities then back to the train.
What to expect:
- 7 members and friends will be attending.
- From the train station the group will stop at a local Deli to pick up food and enjoy lunch alongside the Hudson River.
- After lunch we will head to the walk/hike
- We will finish the day with a visit to Bad Seed Hard Cider Mill for snacks and samples.
- You will be on the 5:50pm train back at the latest.
About the hike:
The River to Ridge trail is possibly the easiest walk that we have. Terrain-wise it would be a level 1 or 2 (out of 10) difficulty however it is 6 miles of walking. If you think you can handles 6 miles sign up! The path is a carriage road with is packed gravel. We start at the Wallkill River and walk to the base of the mountain ridge. (sneakers are fine). There are a few inclines that are minor uphill. It is mostly out and back with 2 sections of small loops.
Covid 19 Protocols:
- Please do not come if you have been exposed. You may cancel up to one week for a refund. Within one week you will be given a credit to use for selected events.
- We will take temperatures when you arrive.
- Event limited to 6 people so there is space for everyone to be safe.
- You will be 7 people in an 8 passenger SUV so there is a space between each participant. The windows will be down while driving.
- Face masks must be worn while within close proximity..
Cost: $85 general members / $75 VIP Members.
Included: transportation from Poughkeepsie train station to all activities. Hike & guide fees, gratuities, pizza and snacks at the Hard Cider Mill.
Not Included: train fare, hard cider samples.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? No, we will have your name on our list.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather. Check the National Weather Service (www.weather.gov) for New Paltz.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
What if the weather impacts the event? We will determine if the event will happen about 24 hours prior to the start. You will be notified as soon as we know. We usually send updates as well
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content