You are not logged in.
8:40 am - 5:50 pm
WE WILL FOLLOW COVID GUIDELINES DURING THIS EVENT: If you are looking for some fresh air, great views, a good workout and conversations that are not on Zoom, we will we hosting a limited number of people on a Social Distancing History Hike over The Walkway over The Hudson Park , The Mid Hudson Bridge and into Fanny Reese State Park. The entire loop is about 6 miles and is mostly flat with well defined paths and one steep staircase. Along the way you guide will share the history and details of the bridges and surround area. THERE WILL BE NO SHARED TRANSPORTATION FOR THIS EVENT. We will walk from the train station to all activities.
Here’s the deal:
- You will need to meet the group at The Poughkeepsie Train Station at 10:40am. You can take the train or drive and park there.
- Your guide will meet you then start you on your journey. The walk will begin through the historic streets of Poughkeepsie as we head to The Mid Hudson Bridge for stunning views and the art installation Bridge Music.
- Once over the bridge we’ll make our way into Fanny Reese Park to enjoy tree lined paths and more great views.
- After Fanny Reese we will stop at a local pizzeria some slices and beverages.
- Next we’ll take the short walk from the Pizza place to the entrance of The Walkway Over The Hudson, an old rail bridge built in 1889 that was converted into a walkway in 2009 with spectacular views.
- Finally, after the walkway we will stop in Poughkeepsie’s “Little Italy” at a famous bake shop for hot chocolate and treats.
- The entire process with take 4 hours.
- Expected return to train is 4:46pm.
- You must wear a face mask when interacting with others.
- We will take your temperature when you arrive
- We must all keep a safe distance on the walkway and on the hike.
- If you have any inclination that you may have been exposed or feel sick do not come. You will get credits towards select events.
What to bring:
- 1-2 liters of water
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots
Cost: $35 General members / $30 Lifetime VIP members. (Includes guide fee, 1 slice of pizza or house salad plus 1 soft drink or water ) Train fare not included.
Limit 15 people.
What to wear: Dress for the weather. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
How difficult is the hike? From a technical perspective it is a level 2 or 3 as it is mostly on clear paths. From a stamina perspective it is 6 miles with some uphill walking. It is suggested that you are in good shape and have no physical issues that may hold the group back.
Can I come alone? Yes, 99% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list with your guide If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment.
Dress Code: dress for the weather. Hiking or comfortable shoes a must. Check www.weather.gov for Poughkeepsie forecast.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled due to bad weather.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
My venue content