Join us for this beautiful Summer day out of the city as we enjoy the amazing sights of the Shawangunk Mountains along The Gertrude's Nose Path, one of the most stunning trails in the Hudson Valley.You day will begin with the beautiful ride up the Hudson River Train line on Metro North. Your guide will pick you up in Poughkeepsie, NY to start you adventure! We'll pick up a snack and head over to Lake for the hike. Along the way you will be treated to waterfalls, beautiful rock formations and breathtaking views.
Hike level: 8 out of 10. 6.7 miles 4 hours. This is a challenging hike you must be in good shape for this.
You will be back on the 6:54 train to NYC.
Can I come alone? Yes, most of the people attending come on their own. Our staff is great at introducing you to others at the event and keeping the conversations lively!
What to expect: 10-14 participants
What to wear: hiking shoes or sturdy sneakers
What to bring: lunch, bottled water
What to wear: bring comfortable clothes. You will be walking through brush and over rocks.
What is included? transportation to and from Poughkeepsie train to all attractions, hiking fees, taxes and tips.
Not Included: Train fare (you may also drive to Poughkeepsie), lunch,
Admission: $70 ( $60 for VIP members)
What if it rains? Refunds are only given if the trip is canceled due to rain.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
you will have to fill out a waiver when you arrive at the hike.
Thanks for signing up for the Hike. Here are some details that you will need to know. PLEASE NOTE THE 8:43AM TRAIN HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED DUE TO TRACK WORK.
1. You are going to take the 8:32am Metro North train from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie (the last stop).
2. Do not worry about meeting anyone on the train. Sit back, bring something to eat, relax, read and enjoy the ride! Make sure to sit on the left side of the train facing forward for the spectacular views. The earlier you get there the better chance of getting a seat.
3. When you arrive in Poughkeepsie get off the train and walk up the stairs to the bridgeway over the tracks to the main station. I will be at the top of the stairs with an NYSN sign waiting for you.
4. If you can't find me call my cell 646-418-1098.
5. Bring sunblock, a backpack/bag and bottled water for the hike. Bring your own lunch as we will eat on the mountain.
6. Wear comfortable shoes, hiking boots or strong sneakers for the hike.
I look forward to seeing you then!