Enjoy a fun filled day out of the city and experience all that the Hudson Valley Has to offer with a fun group of NYSN members and friends. Your day will begin with the spectacular trip up the famous Hudson River Line on Metro North or you can drive to meet the group. We'll enjoy lunch at The Culinary Institute of America, a easy to moderate hike at The Black Creek Preserve, a visit to a local winery and farm stand and go apple picking!
How it works:
- Register below and we will send you all you need to know for the dat (what to bring, what to wear, etc)
- You will take the 9:55am Metro North Train to Poughkeepsie or from points north or you can drive to meet us at Poughkeepsie at 11:45.
- Your guide will pick you up and bring you to The Culinary Institute for a delicious lunch.
- After lunch you can relax for a bit, digest then we will head to the hike 15 minutes up the road.
- Following the hike we will visit a local orchard for a wagon ride to the trees to pick apples.
- After apple picking we'll go to El Paso Winery for a wine tasting.
- When we are finished with the wine tasting it is off to a local farm stand for fresh veggies.
- You will be back on the 5:50 train to NYC
Cost: $110 ($95 for VIP members) includes: transportation to and from train station in Poughkeepsie to all activities, lunch, wine samples at winery. Guide and hiking fees
Not included: train fare, anything you buy at orchard or farm stand
How hard is the hike? This hike would be a level 4 out of 10. There are 2 points where you will be walking uphill that would be the same stress level as 6 flights of stairs. There are points on the path that have rocks and roots to deal with.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event will likely register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the meeting location. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher.
Dress Code: Dress for the weather. Hiking shoes recommended but sneaker will be fine for this trail. Bring a bathing suite if you wish to jump in the river.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register for the event and send follow up emails as we get closer.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Questions? Contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-418-1098 M-F 10am-4pm
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.