This hike features some of the most spectacular scenery in the Hudson Valley. The trail hike climbs to Sam's Point, with spectacular views, follows a narrow path through the crevices of the Ice Caves, and continues to Verkeerderkill Falls - the highest waterfall trail in the Shawangunks. This hike is about 8.3 miles and will cover the good portion of 5 hours but it is worth every minute. Come up Saturday in the early afternoon to enjoy a relaxing day at our private campsite on the Hudson River. We'll hang at the campsite for swimming, kayaking, games and snacks then visit a local hard cider farm for samples and back to the campsite for happy hour on the dock and dinner by the bonfire. Then it is up early on Sunday for the hike!Here's the deal:
- You'll take the 10:32am train to Poughkeepsie where you guide will pick you up (or you can drive directly to the campsite)
- We'll set up camp then sit back and relax as your camp host cooks a delicious BBQ lunch.
- Enjoy swimming, kayaking, games and relaxing
- At some point we will head to Bad Seed Cider Farm for fun and games and samples.
- Upon returning to campsite we'll enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner prepared on the grills (steak, fish, veggies, dessert)
- Following dinner a bonfire and smores, then early to bed
- Sunday morning we rise at 6:30am for coffee and continental breakfast at campsite. (we'll pick up breakfast sandwiches and lunch on the way to the hike).
- This hike covers many terrains. There are flat carriage paths, trails through the woods and brush and the Ice Cave trail which has some ladders and climbs over rocks. You need to be in good shape and be confident on your feet. There are not too many steep inclines that make this a moderate + +hike (8 out of 10 difficulty), just the length and the terrain.
- After the hike we'll bring the group back to the train station.
Cost: $185 ($170 for VIP members) includes: transportation to and from train and all activities, overnight camping, BBQ lunch (burgers, dogs, chicken, salads) BBQ dinner (steak, fish, veggies, dessert) continental breakfast Sunday morning, park admission, guide fees all taxes and tips. If you do not have a tent you can rent one for $15
Not included: train fare, breakfast and lunch sandwiches for the hike.(will be ordered at local deli)
How difficult is this hike? 8 out of 10
What do I need for camping? A sleeping bag or blanket and pillow. If you don't have a tent you can rent one for $15. Towel aand personal items, bug spray, flashlight. There is a composting toilet at the campsite, hot water outdoor enclosed shower. There is no electric but we have a portable charging station for phones, etc.
What to wear: Dress for the weather. Hiking shoes are recommended. bathing suit for the river.
Can I come alone? Yes, 99% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list with your guide If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment.
Dress Code: dress for the weather. Hiking shoes a must.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.