The history of Governors Island dates back to before the Dutch settlements when it was known as Noten Eylandt because of it's abundant Chestnut Trees! Today Governor's Island is open to the public and rich with an amazing timeline of historical significance to the fabric of NYC. Join a fun group of NYC professionals as they set out to unlock the history and secrets that the island has to offer. It is a fun way to learn and meet others in the group. You will also see amazing views of the skyline and Statue of Liberty. Come alone or bring a friend, either way this will be an amazing day out of the city.How it works:
- The group will check in at the Maritime Ferry Terminal located to the east of the Staten Island Ferry Terminal at 10:30am sharp. From there we will set you up on teams and get you on the ferry. 98% of those attending will be coming on their own so don't worry we will set you up on a team if you don't have one. LIMIT 6 PER TEAM
- Once you get off the Ferry your team will have 90 minutes to roam the old forts, prisons, historic houses, ruins and the new park to find clues that are part of the islands history and future!
- At the end of your journey you will meet you host at a designated place where you will hand in your results and sit back and enjoy food from the dozens of famous food trucks.
- Winners will be announced as soon as all teams return. Prizes will be handed out!
- Following the hunt you are welcome to stay on the island and explore more, rent a bike or just relax.
What are we looking for? The island has several old forts from the Revolution, civil war and war of 1812 as well as historic buildings, old ruins and a new park. You will explore all of those to find clues.
Can I come alone? Yes 98% of those attending will likely register on their own but you are invited to bring as many guests as you would like (just make sure to register for that amount)
Dress Code: Summer casual
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event.
Questions? Contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256 M-F 10am-4pm
Cost: $20 General members/ $10 VIP members
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled. In case of rain we will send updates.