This hike features some of the most spectacular scenery in the Hudson Valley. The trail hike climbs to Sam's Point, with spectacular views, follows a narrow path through the crevices of the Ice Caves, and continues to Verkeerderkill Falls - the highest waterfall trail in the Shawangunks. This hike is about 8.3 miles and will cover the good portion of 5 hours but it is worth every minute. Here's the deal:
- This hike covers many terrains. There are flat carriage paths, trails through the woods and brush and the Ice Cave trail which has some ladders and climbs over rocks. You need to be in good shape and be confident on your feet. There are not too many steep inclines that make this a moderate + hike, just the length and the terrain.
- You will either take a Metro North train from Grand Central or points north at 7:45am to Poughkeeepsie NY or you can drive to meet the group at Poughkeepsie Train station at 9:40am.
- From Poughkeepsie your guide will pick you up for the 45 minute ride to Sam's Point.
- Please note that if the ice caves have not fully melted access may be limited. We will get as close as we can and continue to the Verkeerderkill Falls trail.
- You should bring bottled water and you own lunch. There is a local deli we can order from. We will eat on the trail.
- When the hike is finished we will likely be headed for the 5:50 or 6:50pm train back to the city.
Cost: $75 ($70 for VIP members) includes: transportation for train to park, park admission, guide fees all taxes and tips.
Not included: train fare, food and drink
How difficult is this hike? 8 out of 10
Can I come alone? Yes, 99% of those attending this event normally register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list with your guide If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment.
Dress Code: dress for the weather. Hiking shoes a must.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register. We will send follow up emails as we get closer, usually the night before or morning of.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Who Comes to These?: Our activities attract NY Professionals from all backgrounds and professions who are looking to expand their social circles. You will also find others who are looking to learn something, network for business, try something they have never done before or enjoy something they love doing but can’t get their friends to do. There may also be some people looking to find that someone special who share a passion for the same activities (but don’t make this the sole reason you come out).
Questions? If you want to know how many people are coming, what the ages are likely to be, the gender breakdown or the overall vibe of the event before you register, contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256.
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.