Let's face it, It is a pain deciding on what the best New Years Eve Party is for you. There are hundreds of choices that have a vast array of pricing and packages. It is our mission to put together an evening that you won't forget and will be glad to have attended for a great price. So let's get down to it.....
What to Expect:
- Stout a cozy Pub that is decorated to the nines for the holidays. It's not a fancy/trendy lounge, it's a friendly bar with a warm atmosphere. It is not a dive bar.
- We have the entire 2nd floor lounge reserved for our group. There is a bar/lounge section for mixing and mingling and an are for dancing.
- We will have hot and cold appetizers starting at 9pm while they last.
- Our NYSN staff will be on hand to welcome you and introduce you to others in the group.
- We will have ice breaker games with prizes so that you'll get to meet others at the party.
- Music will be played By Spectacular So0unds DJ's at conversational levels until we start dancing. Classic party tunes, pop, rock, dance, hip hop, etc.
- Coverage of the Time Square festivities will be on over 2 dozen screens.
- Champagne toast at midnight.
- Not overcrowded. We will limit attendance to make it comfortable for everyone there. We don't want a hot sweaty/atmosphere. The room holds 200 people comfortably but we will only sell 150 tickets.
- Mandatory coat check $3 per item
Why should I go to this party?
If you want to come to a casual and relaxed party with no attitudes this is it. Almost everyone attending will be coming on their own but all will have a connection through our group so you will feel like you are with family & friends.
Casual, friendly and lively. Dress up or be more casual, just be comfortable. We'll have cocktail music playing when you arrive and step up the tempo as the evening gets closer to midnight. We'll have 2 fun ice breaker games with prizes so that you get to meet as many people as possible. We'll have the place decorated to get you in the mood plus hats, noisemakers and other party favors to help ring in the new year.
What it is not:
This is not a "pack 'em in", hot sweaty and loud drunkfest. There are plenty of other parties with open bar packages for that.
At this event we expect that most will be in their mid to late 20's - 40's. If you are interested in an older group please check out our 50's+ New Years Eve Party at The World Bar. Now, if you are in that older demo and all your NYSN friends are younger, you are certainly welcome, just be prepared that most of the room will be younger.
Is this a singles party?
This event is not exclusive for singles although most attending will likely be single. This is for NYSN members and friends who wish to ring in the new year in a fun and casual way together. If you are involved, there with friends or not interested in meeting someone, we'll have a system to let others know that you are not there for that.
How to get there:
Stout is one block south of Grand Central on 41st and Park Ave. There are several parking garages in the area.
Cost: $40/$30 (10/01-12/27) $45/$35 12/27-12/31 and finally $50 on 12/31. That includes: the room rental, host fee, hot and cold appetizers while they last, party favors, games, prizes taxes and gratuities. This is a cash bar so drink or don't drink at your own pace. THERE WILL BE NO TICKETS SOLD AT THE DOOR.
Refund policy: If you find a party that you think is better than ours before December 27th, we'll refund your entire fee.
Code of conduct: Anyone visibly intoxicated or inappropriate will be asked to leave.
Time of the event: 8pm-1:30am. However, the bar will stay open as long as there are people there.
If you have questions about any aspect of this party please email email@example.com or call Dave directly at 212-873-2256.
A NOTE FROM THE ORGANIZER:
Thanks for considering our New Years Eve Party. This year we are having 2 separate parties that cater to different age ranges. It's great that NYSN members span many decades but realistically planning a party where we can make everyone happy especially musically is challenging. For some people this does not matter but overall for what I am striving to create on NYE is the best possible atmosphere for our members and friends.
I also want to offer our party at a fair price. Be careful! There are several places that offer open bar and appetizers from 6-8pm (when realistically no one will be there!). There are also other places that jack their prices up to almost double as it gets closer, we won't do that and we will even offer you a refund (until 12/27) if you find a party that you think you will enjoy more.
Stouts staff is cool, the bar is casual and the drinks are fairly priced. If your idea of New Years Eve is to get all decked out, spend a ton of money and get totally wasted, this is probably not the party for you. I'll be happy to offer suggestions for other parties that may be more in line for what you are looking for!
If we see you or not, most importantly have a happy and healthy new year. I hope to see you in 2019 and beyond.