Festivus is a fictitious holiday made popular by the popular 90’s TV Show “Seinfeld”. The holiday which is a dig at the over-commercialization of Christmas features a list of outrageously silly “traditions” ranging from the airing of the grievances to the Feat of Strength contest. New York Social Network’s ‘Festivus Party’ will include many of the “traditions” highlighted in the TV show, as well as a few of our own to make the night extra memorable. It will be a fun night to get a little silly, socialize and meet others from NYSN and our affiliate groups
What to expect at the NYSN Festivus Party:
- The traditional “Airing of Grievances”: Guests will be asked to write down their grievances (the more outrageous the grievance, the better), which will later be read out loud by the event host mid-party. Grievances can include anything from (but not limited to): Rude people on the Subway, Overpriced candy at the bodega on 5th ave., The perfume Shelly from work wears everyday (one spray is enough Shelly), etc.
- A traditional Festivus Pole.
- Feats of Strength contest.
- Seinfeld Themed Ice Breakers throughout the course of the evening.
- Optional Costume Contest: Dress in your favorite Ugly Holiday Sweater. The person with the ugliest sweater (as determined by the party attendees) will win a prize!
- Music played at conversational levels all night
- Light appetizers 7-8pm
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event will likely register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? If this is a free event, no. For paid events: Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the door. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher.
Dress Code: At all events we ask that you use your best judgement based on the event. There are never jackets and ties required unless specifically stated. Keep it neat, be yourself and look your best always. OR wear your favorite Ugly Sweater to be entered into the costume contest.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register for the event and send follow up emails as we get closer.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Questions? Contact Dave Cervini at email@example.com or call 212-873-2256 M-F 10am-4pm
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
Is this a single’s party? NO. This is a non-categorized, non-denominational, everyone is welcome, “Festivus for the rest of us” party.
Cost: $10 online, free for NYSN VIP’s.