Join us for a casual night of fun and socializing as the sun sets over the Hudson River in Riverside Park Near the Boat Basin Cafe. We'll be rolling out the picnic blankets, fun and games, you provide your own food and beverage. It is a simple, fun and unique way to enjoy NYC in the evening.
What to expect:
- A few dozen easy going members and friends gathering on the grassy area next to the 79th street Boat Basin Cafe on the Hudson River. (we'll provide the blankets)
- Our staff members will be on hand ready to welcome you and introduce you to others in the group.
- We will have several ice breaker games with prizes plus a few fun things for you to participate in like, Frisbee, Bocce Ball, cup stacking race, egg toss, card games and more!
- As the sun sets you can sit back and relax, socialize and participate in the games.
- Bring your own food and beverages. If bringing "adult" beverages you will need to be very discrete. Adult beverages are available within 50 yards of where we will be at the Boat Basin Cafe.
How it works:
- Register below and we will send you very specific directions on where to meet us in the park.
- When you arrive we will sign you in and explain the flow of the evening and introduce you to others at the party.
- Bring your own food and drinks if you would like. There are several restaurants, deli's and diners at 79th and Broadway (the subway stop)
- Hang on the blankets, play the games or walk over to the boat basin for an adult beverage.
- After the sun sets your can head out or join the group at the boat basin cafe.
Cost: $10 donation ($5 for VIP members) goes for the staffing, blankets, games and prizes. It also means that you are more likely to show up!
Please Note: The best time to get there will be between 6:30pm-7:30pm for maximum socializing and the games.
What if it rains? If the weather is bad we will reschedule or cancel and send refunds.
Can I come alone? Yes, 98% of those attending this event will likely register on their own. You welcome to bring as many non member guests, friends & co workers as you’d like, just make sure to register for the number of people that you want below. Our staff will be ready to greet you and introduce you to others whether you are on your own or with guests.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the door. If you register within 3 hours of the event it is best to bring proof of payment. If registering with a voucher follow the instruction on the voucher.
Dress Code: Most people will be coming from work so business casual. We will ask that you remove your shoes when walking on the blanket.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register for the event and send follow up emails as we get closer.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Questions? Contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256 M-F 10am-4pm
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.