If you register after 10pm Thursday see meeting info below. If you love the outdoors or just want to get out of the city for a day and don't feel like committing to our 4th of July Camping Weekend, then join us just for the day! On the Friday of July 4th Weekend we have hired a second van so that you can join all those on our camping trip for all the fun activities planned for that day. Here is how it works:
-You will take the 9:43am Metro North Train from Grand Central (or drive) to Poughkeepsie.
-Dave and the camping group will meet you in Poughkeepsie at 10:30am where you will head to the campground for a big BBQ next to the river!
-After lunch we'll head up the road for an easy hike. The hike is about 2 miles and will take about and hour and a half.
-After the hike you will head to a local winery for wine tasting.
-You will end your day with a fun happy hour on the shores of the Hudson River with at the campsite where you can relax, kayak, swim and enjoy a cocktails and appetizers.
-At 6:30pm you will be driven back to Poughkeepsie for the 6:54pm train back to NYC.
$110 ($90 for VIP members) includes: round trip transportation to and from the train station and all activities, BBQ lunch, all park fees, guides, taxes and tips. Happy Hour on the river with wine, beer, soft drinks and appetizers.
Not included: train fare.
Can I come alone? Yes 97% of those attending will register on their own.
What should I wear? Summer casual, hiking shoes or sneakers with treads.
How hard is the hike? There are some inclines. This would be a 5 out of 10. It helps to be in shape. There may be roots and rocks on some paths.
Do I need a ticket? Unless otherwise instructed, if you registered and paid for this event or registered with a voucher your name will be on a list at the meeting location.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register for the event and send follow up emails as we get closer.
Ages: 21+ Most of our events attract 20’s -40’s although some events can skew younger or older (50’s) depending on the event. Some events are clearly age specific as indicated. If this is an issue for you contact Dave at the address below and we can usually give you a very accurate idea of what to expect.
Questions? Contact Dave Cervini at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-873-2256 M-F 10am-4pm
This event is nonrefundable unless the event is canceled or rescheduled.
By registering for this event you take full responsibilities for your actions and agree to conduct yourself accordingly.
What if it rains? The trip is canceled if the conditions are unsafe and you will be refunded.
1. You are going to take the 9:43am Metro North train to Poughkeepsie from Grand Central (that is the last stop). When you get to grand central buy your round trip ticket at the vending machines or ticket window. You will see the 9;43am train posted on the big board on the Hudson Line to tell you what track to go to.
2. Make sure to check the subway service to get you to Grand Central at www.mta.info
. Purchase your ticket online or at the train station. If you miss the train there are no refunds.
3. Get on the train and sit on the left side for the best views (trust me)! Don't worry about finding others from the group. Sit back, nap, eat, read and enjoy the views.
4. Once you arrive in Poughkeepsie at 11:35am, get out of the train and walk up the stairs to the bridgeway over the tracks into the main station. Louie will be standing at the top of the stairs waiting for you. If you can not find him call 845-702-3667
5. Please bring bottled water for the hike. It also helps to have a backpack or something to carry your stuff. If you wish to swim or kayak bring a towel and bathing suit.
6. When we get back to the campsite we will have hot dogs, burgers, chicken, chips, cheese, crackers, beer, wine, soda, etc. If you have any food allergies, please let me know.
7.You will be back on the 6:49pm train.
Please make sure to have hiking shoes or sneakers with good treads.
See you there!